Top 10 Tips for SEO
Whether you have a blog, website or store, SEO is crucial to help your business grow. Search engine optimization is a set of guidelines that should be followed by website owners to ensure your site is optimized for search engines, as well as making your site user friendly and easy to navigate.
Here are The Media Snug's Top 10 simple tips to improve your SEO:
1. Keywords are important! Include keywords in the site title, domain name, description, tagline, categories and content. However don't just repeat the same word for the sake of it - you will be penalised.
2. Write a unique, descriptive title for every page.
3. Write a unique, descriptive meta description for each page that sums up the content.
4. Add an image title, description and alt attributes for each image - these should include keywords.
5. Use a URL structure that includes text, and make sure to include keywords.
6. Gain external links from other websites.
7. Remove duplicate content and merge together any similar pages.
8. Don't copy content from other websites. 9. Link to internal pages on your site.
10. Update your Website frequently - you should never consider your website to be complete.